The technology utilizes superluminous and laser diodes to irradiate diseased or traumatized tissue with photons. These particles of energy are selectively absorbed by the cell membrane and intracellular molecules, resulting in the initiation of a cascade of complex physiological reactions, leading to the restoration of normal cell structure and function.
The process is curative and therefore results in the elimination of symptoms including pain. In addition, it enhances the body’s immune system response and facilitates natural healing.
The therapy is completely safe and has no adverse side effects.
The technology is highly effective in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions, arthritis, sports injuries, wound healing and a wide range of dermatological conditions.
SOME PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF LASER THERAPY INCLUDE:
- Endorphins – natural analgesics
- Cortisol – precursor of cortisone
- Growth hormone – instrumental in tissue repair
- ATP – improves and regulates cellular metabolism
In addition, there is –
- Increased protein synthesis – collagen, DNA, fibroblasts
- Venous and lymphatic flow facilitated
- Increased angiogenesis – elevation of oxygen saturation
- Enhanced immune response, etc.
These are just some of the many processes that accelerate cellular regeneration (cartilage, epithelium) and restore normal cell morphology and function.
CLINICAL BENEFITS OF LASER THERAPY:
- Highly effective for many disease conditions
- Eliminates pain
- Reduces the need for pharmaceuticals
- Restores normal range of motion and physical function
- Easily applied
- No known adverse effects
- No drug interactions
- Often makes surgical interventions unnecessary
- Provides a treatment alternative for patients that have not responded to conventional therapies